Monday, October 17, 2011

Rantings

I'm so tired of seeing on Facebook people complaining about how broke they are, I'm NOT talking about people who are just having a hard time in life, or have had unexpected things come up, like medical bills or a car accident, I KNOW things happen and you can never plan for those things, I'm talking about all these people who a month ago were bragging about their new 51 in tv they just got, not because their other tv was broke, but because they just wanted a bigger one and are now crying about how "broke" they are ... Now Justin and I got a new Tv.. but we could AFFORD TO, and we knew it wouldn't put a strain on us, we BUDGET every month..
I see people posting pics of their new flashy car, but are living in a run down house.. how about you STOP spending money on stupid things, and SAVE.
I desperately NEEDED, not wanted, NEEDED a car, but instead of us running out and buying when we didn't have the extra money, and couldn't afford a second monthly payment at the time, we waited until the other car was paid off, we had saved up the money for a down payment and knew what we could afford to pay each month, and got a very nice car..was it worth the wait? Hell Yes.

And I'm really tired of people saying " you're just a housewife, and you just get to spend your husbands money"
Yes, I am a housewife, I'm also a Roughneck wife, whats your super power?
My husband is gone two weeks a month, thats 6 months a year.. he's gone away from me and our daughter half the time, he works 12 hr days no matter the weather, in snow, in rain, in sleet, in blistering 115 heat .. he works his ASS OFF.. for what? so that we can have a nice life, so that our bills get paid, that we have a car to drive, so we can enjoy life.
Being a roughneck wife is not an easy life by any means, I'm alone half the time, I miss my husband, I worry about him, He's gonna miss holidays and birthdays and special moments in Audreys life, but its our sacrifice.
And I don't take him for granted, I don't go on shopping sprees, I buy off brand groceries, a lot of Audreys clothes are second hand, I try to save money where I can.
I always knew growing up my parents financial situation, I never asked for the 100$ jeans or a cell phone when I was 11, my parents tried to give me everything I wanted, but I never begged for expensive things, because I was always aware of bills, and a house payment. I remember the year the Razor scooter was the "IT" thing for christmas, we walked past one in the store and I told my parents I thought it was stupid ( I actually was DYING for one, but I thought we couldn't afford it) and they said " oh so we can take it back?"
I guess the point of my ramblings is simple: Don't live beyond your means. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.. and if you do, don't bitch about how broke you are.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl I feel you...I used to feel a little guilty because I was a housewife and my husband is a driller, buy then I started thinking like you because it is very hard to be married to a roughneck and us roughneck wives need to stick together. We are their backbone, us and the children they have. Clint and I just celebrated our two year wedding anniversary and he was working, but its ok because he is doing everything he can to make sure his family is taken car
    e of. We have the life both of us have dreamed of but its at a cost of missing those special moments in life. We just have to make the best of the time we have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Some people put themselves in a hole. My cousin and his wife do that, then expect someone to bail them out...uh,married y'all are together, no one else.

    I give you a hand. Raising a baby alone for 2wks out of the month isn't easy. It's downright hard! Don't listen to those people!

    ReplyDelete