Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dear Moms:Flavor of the month

I guess I should blame Facebook for my reasons for some many rantings, but oh well.
I feel sorry for all these kids who have moms who are constantly changing boyfriends, who go from being engaged to one man to being" in love" with another 2 weeks after the first one dumps her, now I understand single moms need love too, but if you are gonna date numerous men at least don't bring them around your child.. thats got to be SOOO confusing.
You know what you're showing them? that love is not a real commitment, that its something EASY.. Love is not easy, your're also showing them that if one doesn't do it for ya, then on to the next.
Kids need stability, they need one home and parents who are a constant in their lives, parading one man after another in and out of their lives is not healthy.
Am I saying you shouldn't find happiness because you have a kid? no, not at all.
but maybe you should date APART from your child, and see if the guy is really gonna be the one.
And it really isn't healthy if you are constantly moving in with all these boyfriends, dragging your child along and then having to rip them from that new home when it doesn't work.
Dating isn't easy and the "rules" aren't the same when you're a mother.

I thought about REALLY putting my thoughts, my not so nice words, but I figure this way was more constructive:)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post. I don't know how anyone can bring just anyone around their child! I'm so protective, so if I ever became single, it'd be at least a yr before a man met my daughter and we'd have to be serious.

    ReplyDelete