Sunday, March 11, 2012

mother of a toddler now!

Audrey turned 1 Feb 28th. It does NOT seem like she should be a toddler, that she should be walking and starting to try to talk. The past year went by at warped speed it seems like. Her birthday was bittersweet, I was happy to celebrate her birth, the amazing little person she is, but I was sad that she was growing up. I never understood why mothers were sad about their kids birthdays, but I totally get it now. I want her to stay my little baby forever. We had her birthday at Justin's aunts house, not many people came, which kinda sucked, but oh well. She got a lot of toys and clothes, she has so many toys now she needs another toy box! My mom got her a play kitchen, she loves it, and it grows as she gets bigger, we got her a push car and a Dora chair, she loves it and sits in like she's a big girl watching cartoons. Her hair is so long now I can pull it back in a little pony tail. She has grown and changed so much in a year, this time last year she was this tiny little helpless baby and now she's more in charge than I am sometimes! haha! She is a walking mess maker, she leaves a trail of destruction everywhere she goes! She has changed my life in so many ways, I used to be a pretty selfish person, but when you're a mother you would walk to the moon and back for your child, at least I would. I'm so lucky to have this little goofy girl as my daughter. I love her so much! The fun things start now, everyday is something new with her, she recently started giving kisses, I never knew my heart could melt so fast! It is the sweetest thing ever! I made it through the infant stage, I sometimes didn't know if I would make it through the day, it was hard doing it on my own most of the time, but I did it, and now I get to see her explore and grow in new ways, like talking and playing. I'm sad to see my little baby grow but I'm excited for this new stage of life, being the mother of a toddler. But no matter what she will ALWAYS be my baby, even when she's 40.

1 comment: