Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It is 2 am.
and I have nothing to complain about, always in my life I've had some obstacle to overcome,something looming over my happiness... not now, for the first time I am stress free, happy, content with where I am in life, Sure I'd like to be getting a bigger place, and I'd like to have my own car but I get to be a stay at home mom and spend every moment with Audrey and I'm complete provided for. Am I spoiled? maybe but I'm not like everyone probably thinks I am.
I'm sure other Roughneck wives have complete access to their husbands money, they go on shopping sprees, they buy themselves things , everyone sees a stay at home mom, especially one that has a husband in the oil field as gold diggers, spoiled or lazy.
thats NOT me. while yes I have access to Justins money, I only use it for food or diapers, things for Audrey and I've never used it without telling him first and after telling him exactly how much I've spent, he doesn't make me do this, but its his money, money he makes sacrificing by being away from his family, he busts his ass on there on the rig, 12 hr days doing hard labor in wind , rain, burning heat and freezing snow.
I never take for granted what I have.
Do I miss having my own money? yes
Do I miss being able to go buy myself new clothes and things? yes
would I trade it for what I have now? no way
being able to be home with Audrey is completely and totally worth it all.
I love cooking my husband dinners and taking care of my daughter.
this is a 180 of where I pictured myself a 3 years ago, even a year ago, but life takes you where you're suppose to be.
and being with Justin and Audrey is the best place in the world for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment