Tuesday, May 17, 2011

one week down one to go

I know that I was so excited for Justin to be on the 14 on 14 off schedule..
but now that I'm going through it, I hate it.
I guess because we did it before we just expected to love it again.
but before I was living in our hometown, had school and all my friends and family to keep me busy, I could go do things and the time passed rather quickly.
but now I'm 5 hrs away from friends and I'm busy taking care of Audrey...
and I think having Audrey is a big reason I miss him so much, I want him to be here for her, to see all her smiles and hear her coos .
he'd been one the 7 on 7 off schedule for over a year and I got used to it.
I mean I missed him, but I knew in a few days I'd see him. now I still have another week to get through until he's home.

I guess its the sacrifice we make for having a good life, for being able to stay at home with Audrey.
I've been trying to keep myself busy doing housework, re organizing the living room, going through pictures and papers.. doing random bits of laundry.
thank god for my message boards where I can talk to other adults, or I'd probably be talking baby gibberish when Justin gets home.

1 comment:

  1. I just love that picture! Your blog is great. I wanted to invite you to visit our website www.roughneckwives.org. We have a small forum of gals going through the same thing you are, missing their man while he's on his hitch! I also provide blog space for the girls. If you would like to ad your blog to the website as well as here, you can expand your number of followers.

    Nice to meet you,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete